Artists need knowledge in a wide array of domains — many of which aren’t ever discussed in art school:
- pricing and contextualizing your work,
- approaching and judging galeries,
- understanding (and using) sustainable networking,
- developing individualized creativity strategies,
- identifying and transcending transgressions,
- setting up a work archive,
- judging contracts for sales and commissions etc.
This list does not end. If you need help in understanding a specific art world situation, in discussing your work process etc — then reach out. To operate autonomously, here are over thirty chapters of my Handbook for Emerging Artists, free of charge.
This whole experience made it even more obvious to me in what bad shape today’s art schools are, when it’s about supporting artists in navigating the actual challenges of their profession.
Living The Art Life (Course offered at Pushing Colored Dirt)