Challenges of Beginning
- What talents or skills do I need to become an artist?
- What general challenges do I have to expect as an artist, and how can I lessen their blow?
- I want to become an artist – but am unsure whether I have something relevant to say and express. What kind of intention is required of me?
- How do I start?
Challenges of Progressing
- I want to understand my own work. How do I go about it?
- My work feels alien, raw and unstable. It makes me feel uneasy and worried. Should I still pursue it?
- Contemporary art is complex and scary. How can others help me find my way?
Challenges of Finishing
- What’s the anatomy of finishing an artwork?
- What are the benefits of finishing an artwork?
- What are the challenges of finishing an artwork?
Challenges of Mastery
- I want to understand “quality”. What is it, and why is it relevant to artists?
- How do I find or establish quality in my work?
- I finished something and feel down. Shouldn’t I be happy and satisfied?
- How can I minimize or prevent losing momentum upon reaching a goal?
- I feel disassociated from my work. What can I do after having lost motivation or momentum?
Growing from Feedback
- What’s the anatomy of art feedback?
- How would ideal feedback look like?
- How should I engage with and process feedback?
The Handbook grows constantly: subscribe to the mailing list to receive new chapters directly to your inbox.