I’ve been involved in a variety of projects — using various media, collaborators and ideas.
- The Handbook for Emerging Artists is my attempt at ordering the chaos that accompanies being an artist. I’ll gradually begin to roll out its content.
- Danis Welt is a German-language YouTube channel for kids aged 2-99. The project started with the Corona pandemic, and featured a life drawing made by me, for each episode.
- On Doubt (2017-2018) is my YouTube channel on creativity. It features short documentaries based on interviews with unique creators from all sorts of fields; I started it after realizing that I wouldn’t curate physical exhibitions anymore. The project also has an accompanying website.
- Beyond Mimesis (2013-2015) was a “research & discourse platform investigating contemporary painting conditions“. I started it when working on my PhD thesis, and used it to publish analyses of various emerging painters, with a close focus on Austrian artists of roughly my generation.
It’s a Tumblr site that’s entirely safe to read, yet sometimes shows an (invalid) content warning.
- Workshops & Presentations: I held presentations at various institutes about art, art writing, creative processes, the Polargraph plotter and teach the life drawing course at Art School Vienna.
- Curating (2011-2017): I curated various exhibitions, mostly focussing emerging painting.
- Short Films (2019): I produced three experimental short films in 2019. I didn’t fully publish them yet, but here’s information and the trailer of “Let It Come Out”.