This summer I host two free, open-space drawing workshops, sponsored by “Kultursommer Wien /Alsergrund“.
After the first of these events already happened, I want to show you this photo which makes me super happy.
- On the top you see a basic line tracing of a person;
- then below, the feet, shows the same person tracing in a different way, with the two drawings having been made only an hour apart of each other.
What a difference! Wow.
My advice is usually the same, and very basic:
- to trace more consciously,
- to disregard “seeing objects” in favor of “naming contour/line qualities”,
- to draw larger (most often the opposite isn’t required)
- to be more conscious about pencil width vs the drawing’s size
In a 90 minute/2h course where you get to see attendees only once, my main goal is to bring across the joy and meditative benefits/potentials of drawing. The process, not the result.
If you want to join in: this happens on more on July 7th (4pm) at Arne-Karlsson-Park in Vienna!
You don’t need to register, and it’s free!